Welcome to our latest guide about opulent lodgings in San Francisco, USA. If you are looking for a lavish vacation experience, then look no further than the beautiful City by the Bay. The town is renowned for its world-class cuisine, vibrant culture, and iconic landmarks like the Golden Gate Bridge.
San Francisco boasts several five-star accommodations that offer an exceptional level of luxury and comfort. These top-tier hotels provide everything from state-of-the-art amenities to personalized services that cater to your every need. You can indulge in exquisite dining experiences at their Michelin-starred restaurants or relax in sumptuous spa treatments. The rooms and suites themselves feature breathtaking city views, plush furnishings, and high-end technology that will make your stay unforgettable.
Whether you're visiting for business or leisure, San Francisco's 5-star hotels have something for everyone. Discover the epitome of extravagance as we take a tour of some of the most exclusive lodgings this city has to offer!
Best Five Star Hotels in San Francisco
Mansion on Sutter
Mansion on Sutter is a luxurious hotel located in San Francisco, conveniently close to several popular attractions. The accommodations feature amenities like air conditioning, flat-screen TVs with satellite channels, and private bathrooms with free toiletries. With access to a gym and business center, guests can keep up with their fitness routines and stay productive while traveling. Staff at the reception desk are fluent in English and Spanish, making communication easy for all guests. Private parking is available for an extra charge.
– Convenient location near popular San Francisco attractions
– Luxurious amenities including air conditioning and flat-screen TVs
– Access to a gym and business center for added convenience
– Multilingual staff at the reception desk
– Private parking available for an extra charge
Four Seasons Hotel San Francisco
The Four Seasons Hotel San Francisco is a luxurious hotel located just a five-minute walk from Union Square and Yerba Buena Gardens. Guests can indulge in the full-service spa, adult indoor lap pool, and exceptional dining at the MKT Restaurant – Bar which offers market-to-table options, handcrafted cocktails, and an urban-chic atmosphere. Select suites boast stunning views of San Francisco. In-room amenities include a seating area, large soaking bath tub, flat-screen TV, iPod docking station, bathrobes, slippers and large deposit boxes to store valuables. The hotel also provides free access to the adjacent Equinox Sports Club fitness centre where guests can enjoy group exercise classes and spa treatments. The Ferry Building gourmet markets and shops are just a short 20-minute walk away while Pier 39 and Aquarium on the Bay at Fisherman’s Wharf are only 1.5 miles away.
– Prime location near popular shopping district
– Stunning views from select suites
– Exceptional dining experience
Carneros Resort and Spa
Nestled in the stunning Napa Valley, Carneros Resort and Spa is a luxurious resort that offers 2 outdoor pools, an award-winning spa, and 3 full-service gourmet restaurants. Each suite or cottage features a furnished patio, bathrobes, linens, built-in entertainment system, coffee machine and free WiFi. Guests can enjoy an adult-only hilltop pool with padded lounge chairs or work out at the 3,000-square-foot fitness center. Bocce ball courts are also available for guests to enjoy. The resort provides free bicycles for guests to explore the self-contained grounds. The Hilltop Dining Room offers outdoor patio dining with views of the valley while other dining options include Boon Fly Café and Farm restaurants. A gourmet market and local store is onsite too. Pros:
– Luxurious amenities such as heated tile floors in en suite bathrooms
– Padded lounge chairs around all three outdoor pools for ultimate relaxation
– Multiple on-site dining options including award-winning restaurants
– Free bicycles provided for guests to explore self-contained grounds
– Proximity to various wineries in Napa Valley
Other places to stay in San Francisco
Luxury 5 Star Hotels in San Francisco
Luxury 5 Star Hotels in San Francisco are known for their exceptional service, elegant decor, and state-of-the-art facilities. These hotels offer guests a world-class experience with breathtaking views and easy access to the city's major attractions.
1 Hotel San Francisco
1 Hotel San Francisco is a luxurious waterfront hotel offering stunning views of the Embarcadero. The spacious guest rooms are equipped with modern amenities such as free WiFi, a flat-screen cable TV, an honour bar and plush bathrobes. The hotel also features a 24-hour business centre, fitness centre and an outdoor rooftop terrace. Guests can enjoy convenient access to popular attractions including Oracle Park and the Golden Gate Bridge.
– Amazing waterfront location
– Spacious and well-equipped guest rooms
– Outdoor rooftop terrace with breathtaking views
– 24-hour business and fitness centres for guests' convenience
– Close proximity to popular San Francisco attractions
Located just a short walk from both Union Square and the Financial District, The Ritz-Carlton in San Francisco is a luxurious hotel that offers guests exceptional on-site dining options. Featuring Italian marble bath tubs, complimentary luxury soap and shampoo products, as well as other amenities like bathrobes and slippers, the en suite bathrooms are truly indulgent. Guests of The Ritz-Carlton can also enjoy exclusive amenities on The Club Level, which features all-day food and beverage services as well as a full-service concierge to assist with any requests. Other highlights include the 24/7 in-room dining service, the collection of single malt scotch available at The Lounge, and the contemporary American cuisine served at restaurant Parallel 37.
– Convenient location within walking distance of several popular neighbourhoods
– Luxurious en suite bathrooms featuring Italian marble bath tubs
– Exclusive amenities for guests staying on The Club Level
– Delicious dining options including in-room dining service available 24/7
Palace Hotel is a luxurious boutique hotel located in the Financial District of San Francisco. The hotel features a fitness area, glass dome indoor pool, and famed bars such as the Pied Piper where guests can enjoy delicious crafted beers and innovative cocktails. The rooms are designed with marble bathrooms, rain showers, satellite TV, and pillow-top bedding for a luxurious night's sleep. Select suites offer Market Street views and custom sofas in separate seating areas. The Garden Court restaurant serves signature tea during the day and savory bites along with decadent desserts at night while under the light-filled glass rotunda surrounded by Austrian crystal chandeliers. The GC Lounge boasts contemporary decor accompanied by handcrafted cocktails, curated wines, and indulgent desserts served in the evening. Guests also have access to spa services and a 24-hour fitness center overlooking the pool area through floor-to-ceiling windows. A 24-hour concierge service helps guests connect to various attractions around San Francisco such as designer boutiques, cultural museums, theaters or even cable car rides.
– Beautifully designed rooms with high-end furnishings
– Famed bars featuring innovative cocktails
– Indoor pool surrounded by chaise lounges and spas
– Access to spa services and 24-hour fitness center
– Great location near Union Square
Five Star Hotels in Downtown San Francisco
Downtown San Francisco is home to some of the most luxurious five-star hotels in the world. These hotels offer guests exquisite service, lavish rooms, and prime locations in the heart of the city. Whether you're visiting for business or pleasure, these hotels provide a level of comfort and sophistication that is hard to match.
The St Regis San Francisco
The St Regis San Francisco is a luxurious hotel situated in the vibrant SOMA District of San Francisco. Each guest room is equipped with a flat-screen TV, and features a lavish bathroom with a soaking tub and an in-room TV. The hotel's Astra restaurant serves delectable meals for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Guests can also savor signature cocktails and bar menu at The St. Regis Bar. The hotel offers easy access to notable attractions such as Union Square, Yerba Buena Gardens, and AT&T Park.
– Convenient location in the SOMA District
– Lavish bathrooms with soaking tubs and TVs
– On-site dining options at Astra restaurant
– Signature cocktails and bar menu at The St. Regis Bar
– Across the street from Yerba Buena Gardens
Hotel Nikko San Francisco
Hotel Nikko San Francisco is a 5-star accommodation situated in the heart of San Francisco, offering stunning city views and easy access to Union Square and Moscone Center. The hotel boasts private parking on-site, air-conditioned rooms with flat-screen cable TVs, seating areas, safety deposit boxes, and private bathrooms with free toiletries. Guests can enjoy American and Japanese cuisine at the hotel's restaurant that also caters to vegan, vegetarian, and dairy-free options. Other amenities include access to a terrace and bar as well as multilingual staff available for practical advice about the area.
– Prime location in downtown San Francisco
– Access to terrace with beautiful views of the city
– Multilingual staff available for assistance
– Restaurant serves delicious American and Japanese cuisine with dietary options
Fairmont San Francisco
Fairmont San Francisco is a luxurious landmark hotel located on Nob Hill, boasting stunning views of the Golden Gate Bridge, Alcatraz, Coit Tower and the Financial District. The hotel features lavish rooms and suites complete with high ceilings, modern amenities such as built-in USB ports and flat-screen TVs, plush robes and marble baths with Le Labo toiletries. In addition to a full-service gym and spa, Fairmont San Francisco also offers two unique dining experiences including Polynesian-fusion cuisine at Tonga Room & Hurricane Bar which features live entertainment on a floating barge. Here are some of the pros:
– Prime location atop Nob Hill
– Stunning panoramic views in unique rooms
– On-site health club with exercise classes available
– Two distinct dining experiences to choose from
– The only hotel in SF where all three cable car lines meet
San Francisco Cheap 5 Star Hotels
Despite being known for its high cost of living and expensive hotels, San Francisco surprisingly has a selection of cheap 5-star options. These budget-friendly luxury hotels offer comfortable accommodations and convenient locations for travelers visiting the city.
Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn & Spa
The Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn & Spa is a luxury hotel located in Sonoma County, adjacent to Napa Valley. This hotel features an 18-hole championship golf course, four geo-thermal swimming pools, a full-service spa, and multiple dining options including the upscale Sante Restaurant and the Water Tower Bar by the outdoor pool. The rooms are equipped with flat-screen TVs, refrigerators, coffee machines and some have fireplaces or balconies with stunning views of the golf course. Fitness classes like yoga and body sculpting are also available.
– On-site 18-hole championship golf course
– Multiple dining options including upscale Sante Restaurant
– Four geo-thermal swimming pools
– Full-service spa offering massages and other treatments
– Fitness classes like yoga and body sculpting available
The Fairmont Heritage Place Ghirardelli Square
The Fairmont Heritage Place Ghirardelli Square is a luxurious urban resort in San Francisco that offers stunning views of the San Francisco Bay. Guests can enjoy free WiFi and fully equipped gourmet kitchens in their spacious apartments, as well as enclosed glass showers in the en suite bathrooms. The apartments also feature fireplaces, high-end entertainment systems, and exposed brick walls for natural soundproofing. The hotel offers room service from various restaurants and grocery shopping services can be arranged through the 24-hour concierge and butler service. Other amenities include sweeping terraces with fire pits, secure guest key card access to elevators and entrances, and dog-friendly options like Crissy Field which is just a 15-minute bike ride away.
– Stunning views of San Francisco Bay
– Fully equipped gourmet kitchens
– Enclosed glass showers in en suite bathrooms
– Exposed brick walls for natural soundproofing
– Secure guest key card access to elevators and entrances
San Francisco 5 star Hotels Information
|🛎️ 5 star Hotels in San Francisco||11|
|💵 Hotels Prices From||$137|
|💵 Highest price||$1576|
|🥇 Average Review Score||8.6/10|
|🛏️ Average number of Rooms||197|
Top 5 star hotels in San Francisco
|The Fairmont Heritage Place Ghirardelli Square||9.2/10|
|Mansion on Sutter||9/10|
|Four Seasons Hotel San Francisco||9/10|
|1 Hotel San Francisco||8.9/10|